Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Feb. 13, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013

Today
, understanding that not reaching back into yesterday and bringing the emotional scars of regret, shame and grief into today is easier said than done, I will try instead to come to terms by pledging myself once again to the Program. If I can remember that most of the emotional scars I bear today were bred on the battleground of active alcoholism, I ask for the wisdom not to deepen those wounds by way of a slip or relapse. As for dealing with any hurts from past losses, regrets and everything else bad, I must first forgive myself for my role in bringing on those injuries, and I must believe that my strongest expression of amend is not to take the action that set it off - drink. Today, I confess that ignoring the mistakes of my past condemns me to repeat them, and my recovery may well hinge on staying in a Program of sobriety - and starting the process of forgiving myself. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment