Saturday, November 17, 2012

Nov. 17, 2012 - Today's Gift from Hazelden


Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012
Today's thought from Hazelden is:
Sharing feelings
Many of us just did what other people did. We took drugs. But we felt so different from "normal" people. Why? Because of the way we did drugs and because drugs were so unfulfilling for us. It's a joke among us recovering addicts that we tried so hard to look normal.

Non-addicts didn't know our torment, didn't know that we lived in another world. While high, we felt moments of euphoria and false well being. When the drugs wore off, we suffered centuries of misery. Both are feelings that "normal" people did not experience.

In the fellowship, however, we share all our feelings because we know that we are among friends, we know that we are finally home.

Do I share my true feelings with others?

Higher Power, I pray for the willingness to see my true feelings more clearly and to share myself with my fellow addicts.

From the book:


Day by Day © 1974, 1998 by Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment