Friday, November 16, 2012

Nov. 16, 2012 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Friday, Nov. 16, 2012


Reflection for the Day
We sometimes hear humility defined as the state of being "teachable." In that sense, most of us in the Program who are able to stay free of active addiction have acquired at least a smattering of humility, or we never would have learned to stay away from the first drink, the first tranquilizer, the first "side bet" and similar destructive acts for those of us who are powerless over our respective addictions.

Do I see increasing humility as a pathway to continuing improvement?

Today I Pray

Now that I have made a start at developing humility, may I keep it up. May I open myself to the will of God and the suggestions of my friends in the group. May I remain teachable, confrontable, receptive and conscious that I must stay that way in order to be healthy.

Today I Will Remember
To remain confrontable.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment