Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Nov. 13, 2012 - Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2012


AA Thought for the Day
Who am I to judge other people? Have I proved by my great success in life that I know all the answers? Exactly opposite. Until I came into AA, my life could be called a failure. I made all the mistakes one could make. I took all the wrong roads there were to take. On the basis of my record, am I a fit person to be a judge of other people? Hardly. In AA, I have learned not to judge people. I am so often wrong. Let the results of what they do judge them. It's not up to me.

Am I less harsh in my judgment of people?

Meditation for the Day

In our time of meditation, we again seem to hear: "Come unto me, all ye that are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Again and again, we seem to hear God saying this to us. "Come unto me" for the solution of every problem, for the overcoming of every temptation or the calming of every fear, for all our need, physical, mental or spiritual, but mostly "come unto me" for the strength we need to live with peace of mind and the power to be useful and effective.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may go to God today for those things which I need to help me live. I pray that I may find real peace of mind.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment