Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 24, 2012 - Today's Gift from Hazelden


Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Today's thought from Hazelden is:
Believe more deeply. Hold your face up to the Light, even though for the moment you do not see. -- Bill W.

At times, we'll go through pain and hardship. At times, we'll have doubts. At times, we'll get angry and think we just don't care anymore. These things can spiritually blind us. But this is normal. Hopefully, we'll be ready for those times. Hopefully, we will have friends who will be there for us.

Thank God for these moments! Yes, hard times can make our spirits deep and strong. These moments tell us who we are as sober people. These moments help us grow and change. Spirituality is about choice. To be spiritual, we must turn ourselves over to the care of our Higher Power.

Prayer for the Day
God, help me find You in my moments of blindness. This is when I really need You.

Today's Action
Today I'll get ready for the hard times ahead. I will list my friends who will be there for me.

From the book:
Keep It Simple © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment