Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16, 2012 - Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Monday, July 16, 2012
 
AA Thought for the Day
We can believe that God is in His heaven and that He has a purpose for our lives, which will eventually work out as long as we try to live the way we believe He wants us to live. It has been said that we should “wear the world like a loose garment.” That means that nothing should seriously upset us because we have a deep, abiding faith that God will always take care of us. To us that means not to be too upset by the surface wrongness of things, but to feel deeply secure in the fundamental goodness and purpose in the universe.

Do I feel deeply secure?

Meditation for the Day
Like the shadow of a great rock in a desert land, God is your refuge from the ills of life. The old hymn says: “Rock of ages cleft for me, let me hide myself in Thee.” God can be your shelter from the storm. God’s power can protect you from every temptation and defeat. Try to feel His divine power - call on it - accept it - and use it. Armed with that power, you can face anything. Each day, seek safety in God’s secret place, in communion with Him. You cannot be wholly touched or seriously harmed there. God can be your refuge.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may find a haven in the thought of God. I pray that I may abide in that Strong Tower, strongly guarded.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment