Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Sept. 19, 2023 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2023

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

It is better to be wanted too much than not at all.

— Anonymous

It may seem that so many people want our time and love. Parents say we don’t call often enough. Children demand our time. Our partner says we’re gone too much. Our sponsor tells us to check in more often.

When we feel put off balance by all these people, we need to stop and rest. We need to remember how lonely we were when we were using. No one wanted our time and love then! Now we’re important to others again.

We can handle all this by giving people what they need and ask for, within reason – not what we think they need, which may be way too much. Maybe we need Al-Anon too, to learn to love others while still taking care of ourselves.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me put my time and energy to best use today. Help me find the balance I need between work, play, loving others, and self-care.

Action for the Day

When I feel I have to give too much today, I’ll stop and ask my Higher Power for guidance.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment