Saturday, April 18, 2020

April 18, 2020 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Saturday, April 18, 2020
Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:
Every night the river sings a new song. — Eva-Lis Wvorie
Ours is a program of twenty-four hours. We are to live “One day at a time.” We are to live in the moment, for only in the moment can we connect with our Higher Power. How? By bringing life to the spiritual principles our Higher Power has given to us. By choice.
By choosing to live by spiritual principles, moment by moment, we stay connected to our Higher Power. We work to keep the channel open in order to receive the gifts our Higher Power wants us to embrace. To stay open and to live by spiritual principles is hard. Our instinctual side wants us to take the easier, softer way. In addition, we addicts are afraid of the future. We tend to focus on the entire journey instead of what is right in front of our face.
But our recovery program tells us, “Just today, live by spiritual principles today.” Focus on today’s song, for tomorrow life will teach you a new song.
Prayer for the Day
Higher Power, help me to live by the spiritual principles you gave me through recovery. Help me to learn your lessons and help me stay open to the gifts they will give to me.
Today’s Action
Today I will work to be mindful of the moment and to see choice in the moment. I’ll work to remember that the quality of my life depends on the choices I make.
Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment