Tuesday, May 22, 2018

May 22, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Today’s thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

We can practice forgiveness each day

Resentments have a way of creeping back into my psyche even after I have let go of them. I know that holding a grudge is harmful to my emotional health and can threaten my abstinence, but what can I do when I keep feeling anger toward someone?

In the interest of recovery, in my own best interest, I can continue to forgive each day. I may not be able to forgive the person once and for all, but I can do it right now, just for today. With practice, who knows? Perhaps the resentment will disappear.

When I remember that my own track record is far from perfect, I realize I could use some daily forgiveness too, both from others and from myself.

Just for now, I can let go of resentments and forgive. If resentments come back, I can forgive again.

You are reading from the book:

This book is now out of print and no longer available to purchaseInner Harvest by Elisabeth L. © 1990 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment