Thursday, May 10, 2018

May 10, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Thursday, May 10, 2018

Reflection for the Day
As the doubter tries the process of prayer, he would do well to add up the results. If he persists, he'll almost surely find more serenity, more tolerance, less fear and less anger. He'll acquire a quiet courage - the kind that isn't tension-ridden. He'll be able to look at "failure" and "success" for what they really are. Problems and calamity will begin to mean his instruction, instead of his destruction. He'll feel freer and saner.

Have wonderful and unaccountable things begun to happen to me in my new life?

Today I Pray
Through prayer, communion with a Higher Power, may I begin to see my life sort itself out. May I become less tense, more sane, more open, more courageous, more loving, less tangled in problems, less afraid of losing, less afraid of living. May I know that God, too, wants these things for me. May His will be done.

Today I Will Remember
Be still and know that He is God.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment