Monday, February 5, 2018

Feb. 5, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Monday, Feb. 5, 2018

Today, remembering my drinking days, I was my own judge, jury and executioner. In giving my all to whiskey, I judged myself to be unworthy of anything better, of feeling anything good. I deemed myself deserving all which active alcoholism inflicted on me - emptiness, loneliness, self-destruction, anger, selfishness, desperation, fear. And I executed the judgment that I should die as I lived - then. But a lifeline was thrown my way, and it led me to AA. Now, as a recovering alcoholic, I've surrendered the roles of judge, jury and executioner to the only authority that can impose judgment. And because I respect that authority, this day I will not play with my recovery by yielding it to anyone or anything. Today, I am worthy of more by the grace of God and AA. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment