Friday, February 16, 2018

Feb. 16, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Friday, Feb. 16, 2018

Todayand all other 24 Hours that might follow, no distinguishing myself as an "old-timer" from the newcomer to the program. Even though I've been around the program for years and if the 24 Hours since my last drink amounts to years, I am no more sober than the newcomer whose last drink was 24 Hours ago or who attended his first meeting last night - and he is no less sober than I. For in the program, the newcomer has exactly the same as the old-timer: sobriety in the current 24 Hours. And because our program is done one day at a time, the newcomer is as much an old-timer as I. The fall from a pedestal on which I might put myself or let anyone put me can be fatal. In AA, the field truly is level, and I can't afford to lose sight of that reality. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment