Sunday, February 11, 2018

Feb. 11, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Sunday, Feb. 11, 2018

Todayempower no one and nothing to doubt the self-confidence and self-respect I have developed in my recovery, nor will my progress be discouraged. People I might have injured in my drinking days but who cannot or will not accept my amends may want nothing more than to see me fail. They will not have that control over me, even if insecurity might want me to yield just to avoid a problem. But a bigger problem looms if I permit anyone or any situation to implant in me deeper insecurity or a disgraced self-confidence and self-respect. Today, with AA's principles as my lifeline, I will hold tightly onto what I have gained and will not allow anyone or anything to take it from me - not even alcohol. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment