Thursday, October 19, 2017

Oct. 19, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Thursday, Oct. 19, 2017

Today, if alcohol is "cunning and baffling," its end product - alcoholism - is mysterious because it took alcoholism guided me to a program to begin my physical, spiritual and emotional recovery. And without going through the deepest of gutters, the darkest of nights and the sickest of physical and emotional conditions, I may never have emerged from that life of being half-dead and half-alive to being, now, fully alive. In a bizarre osmosis, if I cannot be grateful, I must at least not deny, reject or forget those days of my drinking because they brought me to a place where the healing begins. Today, I respect and am almost grateful for the experience of alcoholism because it has brought me to where I am - here. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment