Thursday, October 12, 2017

Oct. 12, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Thursday, Oct. 12, 2017

AA Thought for the Day
Am I still on a "free ride" in AA? Am I all get and no give? Do I go to meetings and always sit in the back row and let the others do all the work? Do I think it's enough just because I'm sober and can rest on my laurels? If so, I haven't gone very far in the program, nor am I getting nearly enough of what it has to offer. I will be a weak member until I get in there and help carry the load. I must eventually get off the bench and get into the game. I'm not just a spectator; I'm supposed to be one of the team.

Do I go in there and carry the ball?

Meditation for the Day
Try to be thankful for whatever vision you have. Try to perform, in the little things, faithful service to God and others. Do your small part every day in a spirit of service to God. Be a doer of God's word, not a hearer only. In your daily life, try to keep faith with God. Every day brings a new opportunity to be of some use. Even when you are tempted to rest or let things go or to evade the issue, make it a habit to meet the issue squarely as a challenge and not to hold back.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may perform each task faithfully. I pray that I may meet each issue of life squarely and not hold back.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment