Monday, May 8, 2017

May 8, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Monday, May 8, 2017

AA Thought for the Day
I'm grateful that I found a program in AA that could keep me sober. I'm grateful that AA has shown me the way to faith in a Higher Power because the renewing of that faith has changed my way of life. And I've found a happiness and contentment that I had forgotten existed by simply believing in God and trying to live the kind of a life that I know He wants me to live. As long as I stay grateful, I'll stay sober.

Am I in a grateful frame of mind?

Meditation for the Day
God can work through you better when you are not hurrying. Go very slowly, very quietly, from one duty to the next, taking time to rest and pray between. Do not be too busy. Take everything in order. Venture often into the rest of God and you will find peace. All work that results from resting with God is good work. Claim the power to work miracles in human lives. Know that you can do many things through the Higher Power. Know that you can do good things through God who rests you and gives you strength. Partake regularly of rest and prayer.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may not be in too much of a hurry. I pray that I may take time out often to rest with God.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment