Thursday, May 18, 2017

May 18, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Thursday, May 18, 2017

Reflection for the Day
I considered myself a "loner" in the days when I was actively addicted. Although I was often with other people - saw them, heard them, touched them - most of my important dialogues were with my inner self. I was certain that nobody else would ever understand. Considering my former opinion of myself, it's likely that I didn't want anybody to understand. I smiled through gritted teeth even as I was dying on the inside.

Have my insides begun to match my outside since I've been in The Program?

Today I Pray
May my physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual selves become one, a whole person again. I thank my Higher Power for showing me how to match my outside to my inside, to laugh when I feel like laughing, to cry when I feel sad, to recognize my own anger or fear or guilt. I pray for wholeness.

Today I Will Remember
I am becoming whole.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment