Sunday, May 14, 2017

May 14, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Sunday, May 14, 2017

Today, no more wasting energy on the thought I can't drink by saying I neither need nor want . I don't need, want or have to drink because my program has bestowed in me a fundamental character change that is rooted deeper than merely abstaining from alcohol. That change is that I have been given the strength and courage to look at and correct the reasons I drank. Today, I don't need to regret that I cannot drink now or ever again because AA has taken away the need and desire. But may I not rest on the laurels of sobriety and conscientiously practice Step 10 every day: taking a continuing moral inventory and readily admitting and taking responsibility for my mistakes. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment