Friday, May 5, 2017

May 5, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Friday, May 5, 2017
 
AA Thought for the Day
I had to show off and boast so that people would think I amounted to something when, of course, both they and I knew that I really didn't amount to anything. I didn't fool anybody. Although I've been sober for quite a while, the old habit of building myself up is still with me. I still have a tendency to think too well of myself and to present to be more than I really am.

Am I always in danger of becoming conceited just because I'm sober?

Meditation for the Day
I cannot ascertain the spiritual with my intellect. I can only do it by my own faith and spiritual faculties. I must think of God more with my heart than with my head. I can breathe in God's very spirit in the life around me. I can keep my eyes turned towards the good things in the world. I am shut up in a box of space and time, but I can open a window in that box by faith. I can empty my mind of all the limitations of material things. I can sense the Eternal.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that whatever is good I may have. I pray that I may leave to God the choice of what good will come to me.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment