Monday, May 1, 2017

May 1, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Monday, May 1, 2017
 
Todaynot as an alcoholic working to avoid a relapse but as a soberholic embracing the addictive habit of recovery. I can now find the tragic irony of all I have wasted and lost only to be led to this point when I no longer have to drink - because sobriety has replaced my addiction to alcohol. I can laugh for the relief that I now think in terms of wanting sobriety more than fighting an urge or temptation to drink because, now, I don't need the drink or high. I can laugh at myself for realizing I have made my journey away from chronic intoxication so needlessly complicated because I overlooked a simple and basic truth: I want sobriety more than drinking. With that, I can work the steps with less fear, less hesitation, a higher self-esteem - and the hope and faith that my sobriety has progressed to where I need taste quality recovery. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment