Friday, November 4, 2016

Nov. 4, 2016 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Friday, Nov. 4, 2016
Today, focus on making the faith I have been given as a gift of intelligence rather than an emotional one. As an alcoholic, my emotions are usually in excess - and anything in excess is risky, including faith if I ground it in emotion. By striving for an intelligent faith, I hope to remove the influence of my unsteady emotions - a faith in which I have unconditional trust in my higher power as opposed to one in which I let my feelings challenge His will. And with an intelligent faith rather than an emotional one, hopefully those things I cannot control can be more faithfully surrendered to my higher power. Hopefully, then, I can take a step toward the goal of total faith, hope and charity. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment