Friday, November 18, 2016

Nov. 18, 2016 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Friday, Nov. 18, 2016

AA Thought for the Day
I have got over my procrastination. I was always putting things off till tomorrow and as a result they never got done. "There is always another day" was my motto instead of, "Do it now." Under the influence of alcohol, I had grandiose plans. When I was sober, I was too busy getting over my drunk to start anything. "Some day I'll do that" - but I never did it. In AA, I have learned that it's better to make a mistake once in a while than to never do anything at all. We learn by trial and error. But we must act now and not put it off until tomorrow.

Have I learned to do it now?

Meditation for the Day
"Do not hide your light under a bushel. Arise and shine, for the light has come and the glory of the Lord is risen in thee." The glory of the Lord shines in the beauty of your character. It is risen in you, even though you can realize it only in part. "Now you see as in a glass darkly, but later you will see face to face." The glory of the Lord is too dazzling for mortals to see fully on earth. But some of this glory is risen in you when you try to reflect that light in your life.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may try to be a reflection of the Divine Light. I pray that some of its rays may shine in my life.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment