Thursday, November 10, 2016

Nov. 10, 2016 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Thursday, Nov. 10, 2016

Reflection for the Day
When I first came to The Program, I thought that humility was just another word for weakness. But I gradually learned that there's nothing incompatible between humility and intellect, just as long as I place humility first. As soon as I began to do that, I was told, I would receive the gift of faith - a faith which would work for me as it has worked and continues to work for countless others who have been freed of their addictions and have found a new way of life in The Program.

Have I come to believe, in the words of Heine, that, "The actions of men are like the index of a book; they point out what is more remarkable in them ...?"

Today I Pray
May I never let my intelligence be an excuse for lack of humility. It is so easy, if I consider myself reasonably bright and capable of making decisions and handling my own affairs, to look down upon humility as a property of those less intelligent. May I remember that intelligence and humility are both God-given.

Today I Will Remember
If I have no humility, I have no intelligence.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment