Saturday, January 25, 2014

Jan. 25, 2014 - Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014
 
AA Thought for the Day
We used to depend on drinking for a lot of things. We depended on drinking to help us enjoy things. It gave us a "kick." It broke down our shyness and helped us to have a "good time." We depended on drinking to help us when we felt low physically. If we had a toothache or just a hangover, we felt better after a few drinks. We depended on drinking to help us when we felt low mentally. If we'd had a tough day at work or if we'd had a fight with our husband or wife, or if things just seemed against us, we felt better under the influence of alcohol. For us alcoholics, it got so that we depended on drinking for almost everything.

Have I got over that dependence on drinking?

Meditation for the Day
I believe that complete surrender of my life to God is the foundation of serenity. God has prepared for us many mansions. I do not look upon that promise as referring only to the after-life. I do not look upon this life as something to be struggled through, in order to get the rewards of the next life. I believe that the Kingdom of God is within us and we can enjoy "eternal life" here and now.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may try to do God's will. I pray that such understanding, insight and vision shall be mine, as shall make my life eternal, here and now.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment