Friday, January 24, 2014

Jan. 24, 2014 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Friday, Jan. 24, 2014
 
Reflection for the Day
Among the many gifts that we are offered in The Program is the gift of freedom. Paradoxically, however, the gift of freedom is not without a price tag; freedom can only be achieved by paying the price called acceptance. Similarly, if we can surrender to God's guidance, it will cost us our self-will, that "commodity" so precious to those of us who have always thought we could and should run the show.

Is my freedom today worth the price tag of acceptance?

Today I Pray
May God teach me acceptance - the ability to accept the things I cannot change. God also grant me courage to change those things I can. God help me to accept the illness of my addiction and give me the courage to change my addictive behavior.

Today I Will Remember
Accept the addiction.
Change the behavior.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment