Saturday, January 18, 2014

Jan. 18, 2014 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Saturday, Jan. 18, 2014
 
Reflection for the Day
If we are determined to stop drinking or using other chemicals, there must be no reservations whatsoever, nor any lurking notion that our allergy of the body and obsession of the mind will some day reverse themselves. Our regeneration comes through the splendid paradox of the Twelve Steps: Strength arises from complete defeat, and the loss of one's old life is a condition for finding a new one.

Am I convinced that in powerlessness, Power comes? Am I certain that by releasing my life and will, I am released?

Today I Pray
May I know power through powerlessness, victory through surrender, triumph through defeat. May I learn to relinquish any trace of secret pride that I can "do it by myself." Let my will be absorbed and steered by the omnipotent will of God.

Today I Will Remember
Let go and let God.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment