Monday, December 23, 2013

Dec. 23, 2013 - Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Monday, Dec. 23, 2013

AA Thought for the Day
We have definitely left that dream world behind. It was only a sham. It was a world of our own making and it was not the real world. We are sorry for the past, yes, but we learned a lot from it. We can put it down to experience, valuable experience, as we see it now because it has given us the knowledge necessary to face the world as it really is. We had to become alcoholics in order to find the AA program. We would not have got it any other way. In a way, it was worth it.
Do I look at my past as valuable experience?
Meditation for the Day
Shed peace, not discord, wherever you go. Try to be part of the cure of every situation, not part of the problem. Try to ignore evil, rather than to actively combat it. Always try to build up, never to tear down. Show others by your example that happiness comes from living the right way. The power of your example is greater than the power of what you say.
Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may try to bring something good into every situation today. I pray that I may be constructive in the way I think and speak and act today.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment