Saturday, December 14, 2013

Dec. 14, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013 
Today, and hopefully every subsequent 24 Hours, I will include discipline in my recovery Program. Let me reach back into my yesterdays to learn from my mistakes as a drinking alcoholic and temper potential flareups of those mistakes with the discipline not to act or react as I did then. While I cannot undo the damage or hurt of my mistakes then, I can prevent them from happening again by applying the discipline of changing myself. In using discipline repeatedly, I may reach the point where discipline is second-nature and something I don't have to consciously exert. This, in effect, is one of the spiritual awakenings or experiences promised by the Program if I diligently work its 12 Steps. With discipline, grant me patience, logic over emotion, selflessness and kindness in place of intentional harm. Today, I begin to work consciously not to redo what I did wrong yesterday. Today, I expect progress from myself and not from the outside. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment