Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Jan. 16, 2013 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013


Reflection for the Day
When we first came to The Program, whether for ourselves or under pressure from others, some of us were all but sickened by the concept of "surrender." To admit defeat flew in the face of our lifelong beliefs. We thought of the immortal rallying cries of Churchill at Dunkirk, of FDR following the attack on Pearl Harbor. And so we secretly vowed, at first, that the very idea of surrender was unthinkable.

Have I truly come to believe that only through utter defeat am I able to take the first steps toward liberation and strength? Or do I still harbor reservations about the principle of "letting go and letting God ...?"

Today I Pray

May I really believe that the complete surrender of my whole being to a Higher Power is the way to serenity. For I can be whole only in Him, who has the power to make me whole. May I do away with any feelings of wanting to "hold out" and never admit defeat. May I unlearn the old adage which tells me that I must "never give up" and realize that such pridefulness could keep me from recovery.

Today I Will Remember
From Wholly His to Whole.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment