Saturday, January 12, 2013

Jan. 12, 2013 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Saturday, Jan. 12, 2013

Just for today
, in the throes of all the demands on me at work and in my personal life, I must strengthen my resolve to my recovery by remembering how I got here - and why. I must ask myself honestly if I have experienced the fundamental change in emotion and psyche that is required in recovery. I must not permit any of those destructive influences in my yesterdays to sabotage my today and, probably, my tomorrow. I must acknowledge any subconscious seed that might be planting a slip or relapse. And if that seed exists, I know I'm in trouble with Steps One, Two and Three. Those Steps - of total admission, surrender and submission of all I cannot control - are the building blocks of my Program. I must be on guard if I feel a crack in any of them. Today, I am an alcoholic, and I cannot - and do not want to - drink. Sweet and simple. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment