Thursday, December 20, 2012

Dec. 20, 2012 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012


Reflection for the Day
When we compulsively strive for perfection, we invariably injure ourselves. For one thing, we end up creating big problems from little ones. For another, we become frustrated and filled with despair when we're unable to meet the impossible goals we've set for ourselves. And finally, we decrease our capability to deal with life and reality as it is.

Can I learn to yield a little, here and there? Can I apply myself with a quiet mind only to what is possible and attainable?

Today I Pray

May I see that striving for an impossible accomplishment provides me with an ever-ready excuse for not making it. It is also an indication of my loss of reality-sense which ought to involve knowing what I can do and then doing it. With the help of the group and my Higher Power, may I learn to set "reasonable goals." These may seem ridiculously small to me, after years of "thinking big." But, by breaking down my projects into several smaller ones, may I find that I actually can accomplish some high goals.

Today I Will Remember
Break down large goals into smaller ones.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment