Monday, September 17, 2012

Sept. 17, 2012 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Monday, Sept. 17, 2012

Just for today, first things first, one thing at a time, one step at a time, one feeling at a time if one day at a time seems too daunting a challenge. Today, I will quiet the noise in my mind for the serenity of the Program’s Steps to take me from the character defects that degrade sobriety into dry drunkness if not a wet one. If and when the responsibilities to sobriety seem too heavy, I will look to the Steps and live in the answer instead of the problem. And, in the end, the problem is living with the struggle not to relapse; the answer is living in the Program. Today, I have the choice to live in sobriety instead of struggling to fight off what threatens it. Today, I can live in the answer, not the problem. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment