Monday, May 27, 2024

May 27, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Monday, May 27, 2024


Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:


A Fellowship of Suffering

One of the things I like about AA is that they are people who have been marginalized. I get that.

It's a fellowship of suffering. I get that. If you hang in together, you have a chance to get through this thing.

Soldiers fight not for the hatred of the enemy in front of them, but for the love of the men behind them. Medals awarded almost always include caring for others while at peril for their own safety.

It's the same thing with recovery.

I will fight just as hard for myself as for the suffering person beside me. I will leave no one behind.

-- Don E., U.S. Army, 1967-1970

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment