Wednesday, May 22, 2024

May 22, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Wednesday, May 22, 2024


Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Ford Foundation


The bluebird carries the day on his back.

-- Henry David Thoreau

What a happy thought. Imagine a bluebird building its home in a nest box, chattering away to tell the world, "I'm here, and I'm busy!"

The bluebird does not think about yesterday or tomorrow but only about doing the next right thing to make the present day a good one. The bluebird listens for an inner voice -- the voice that tells it when to start building a nest or when to begin its flight south for the coming winter.

We can learn from the bluebird. When we do our activities of the day, one at a time, we put together a good day -- a day that is just what it is supposed to be.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me be true to myself today and to live my life just the way it is supposed to be. Help me feel the joy of it!

Today's Action

Today, I will talk with my sponsor or a friend in recovery about how my days need to be at this time in my life. I will be happy that I know how to live well today.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment