Sunday, October 22, 2023

Oct. 22, 2023 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Sunday, Oct. 22, 2023

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Time and again I have searched for you, not knowing that it was me I needed to find.

— Betty MacDonald

We may have spent many years looking for the partner who would complete our lives. We were certain that happiness was guaranteed when the search culminated in the perfect selection. How tragic it seems when we discover that happiness still eludes us. The search, coupled with the belief that someone else is our ticket to happiness, has led us down many dark alleys.

We are learning now that finding our true self offers us the wholeness we thought would come from our attachment to another person. The Steps will guide our self-discovery. Through the Steps, the meetings we attend, and the friends we make, we’ll find our real self. Knowing her fully, accepting her completely, will fill the void we thought only another person could fill.

I will pay attention to who I am today. I will honor the whole of me. I know genuine happiness can be found only in this way.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment