Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Oct. 18, 2023 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2023

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

When I am alone, I feel like a day-old glass of water.

Diane Wakoski

Being alone can be like water without bubbles. It’s a little flat. It’s a little boring. If we’re staying away from people to avoid conflicts, then we need to be especially careful. We can easily develop a bad case of “Stinking thinking” if we sit by ourselves too long.

That’s why we don’t go it alone for more than a day. It’s good to touch base with other people for at least a few minutes every day. Human contact keeps the waters of life moving, fresh and sparkling. When we share what we are thinking and talk it over with others, it’s like refilling with fresh water.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, keep me fresh by giving me an active life filled with good people.

Today’s Action

Today I will think of one new idea I got by talking with someone else over the past twenty-four hours. I will keep my mind fresh today by listening and talking with others.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment