Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Feb. 16, 2022 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2022

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Good guidance comes from the right source

Many times we have been anxious over what to do. In our youth we often followed the direction of friends. That often exaggerated our problems. As adults we looked to our peers too, but until we found our new circle of friends, we often failed to get guidance that lovingly addressed our circumstances.

It’s a treasured gift of our program to have a Higher Power who is always there with the guidance we need. But if we still feel uncertain of that guidance, we can turn to trusted friends who will share with us God’s wisdom in another way.

The anxiety that troubled us for so long seldom surfaces anymore. What a miracle that is! We thought we’d feel the tightness and the burning and the nausea for our whole life. Now when we get a twinge of it, we know the time has come to go within and ask God for the help we need.

I will get the direction, the comfort, or the answers I really need today if I ask for them from the right source. My Higher Power or my friends in the program can show me the way through my feelings.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment