Saturday, August 5, 2017

Aug. 5, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Saturday, Aug. 5, 2017

Reflection for the Day
Among the important things we learn in The Program is to be good to ourselves. For so many of us, though, this is a surprisingly difficult thing to do. Some of us relish our suffering so much that we balloon each happening to enormous proportions in the reliving and telling. Self-pitiers are drawn to martyrdom as if by a powerful magnet - until the joys of serenity and contentment come to them through The Program and Twelve Steps.

Am I gradually learning to be good to myself?

Today I Pray
May I learn to forgive myself. I have asked - and received - forgiveness from God and from others, so why is it so hard to forgive myself? Why do I still magnify my suffering? Why do I go on licking my emotional wounds? May I follow God's forgiving example, get on with The Program and learn to be good to myself.

Today I Will Remember
Martyrdom; martyr dumb.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment