Saturday, January 28, 2017

Jan. 28, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Saturday, Jan. 28, 2017
Todayat day's end, I will look back and know by the grace of God that I did the best I could in all my affairs. If in prayer and meditation I find that I have not fully surrendered to my higher power some problem or character defect, I will know I have asked for the wisdom and humility to surrender it once and for all and that, if there is a tomorrow for me, I may be one day closer to that total surrender. I will not have reason to regret some communication with someone else because I was either cruel or indifferent to their needs or feelings. I will be grateful that I was not have tempted to take the first drink that always leads to disaster, and I will go to sleep tonight with the comfort that my higher power blessed me with the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant." And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment