Thursday, January 19, 2017

Jan. 19, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Thursday, Jan. 19, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
It was far easier for me to accept my powerlessness over my addiction than it was for me to accept the notion that some sort of Higher Power could accomplish that which I had been unable to accomplish myself. Simply by seeking help and accepting the fellowship of others similarly afflicted, the craving left me. And I realized that if I was doing what I was powerless alone to do, then surely I was doing so by some Power outside my own and obviously greater.

Have I surrendered my life into the hands of God?

Today I Pray
May God erase in me the arrogant pride which keeps me from listening to Him. May my unhealthy dependence on chemicals and my clinging dependence on those nearby be transformed into reliance on God. Only in this kind of dependence/reliance on a Higher Power will I find my own transformation.

Today I Will Remember
I am God-dependent.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment