Friday, December 23, 2016

Dec. 23, 2016 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Friday, Dec. 23, 2016

Reflection for the Day
How can I tell if I have had a spiritual awakening? For many of us in The Program, a spiritual awakening manifests itself in simple rather than complicated evidences: emotional maturity; an end to constant and soul-churning resentments; the ability to love and be loved in return; the belief, even without understanding, that something lets the sun rise and set, brings forth and ends life, and gives joy to human hearts.

Am I now able to do, feel and believe that which I could not previously do through my own unaided strength and resources alone?

Today I Pray
May my spiritual confidence begin to spread over my attitudes toward others - especially during holiday times, when anticipations and anxieties are high. As an addictive person, I have not handled holidays well - greeting those who gather at home, missing those who are not here. I pray for serenity to cope with the holiday brew of emotions.

Today I Will Remember
Spirit without "spirits." Cheer without "cheer."

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment