Monday, December 19, 2016

Dec. 19, 2016 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Monday, Dec. 19, 2016 
Today, "Keep It Simple:" I won't fight myself, anyone or anything so I can reach one of the program's most cherished prizes: serenity. Instead, I will simply close my mind to the complications of the issues in my life and simply beI will not focus on reaching the forest without first negotiating the trees, and I will not complicate how to get beyond the trees. I will simply move forward after first doing my best and trusting my higher power. If someone tells me the way to sobriety is to stop drinking, I'll not pollute the answer with complications that make abstinence difficult. I will simply stop. If I have an amend to make, I will not complicate it by predicting or anticipating open arms or rejection: they are beyond my control. I will simply make amends and leave it to the other person and my higher power. Today, no complications, no "how's," "where's" or "wherefore's." I'll simply do it. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment