Monday, February 29, 2016

Feb. 29, 2016 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Monday, Feb. 29, 2016 
Today, understand that even if my last drink was years ago, my next drunk, like the guy whose last drunk was 24 Hours ago, is just one drink away. My quantity of sobriety says little about its quality, and I have to re-examine that quality if my sobriety is riddled with anger, frustration, despair, hopelessness and a brain that processes my world with the same mind soaked by my last drunk. And even if my last drunk was months or even years ago, my next one is just as close as for the man who woke up with a hangover this morning. Quality - not quantity. This is the what recovery is about. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment