Sunday, February 28, 2016

Feb. 28, 2016 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Sunday, Feb. 28, 2016
Today's thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:
Reflection for the Day
"What if..." How often we hear these words from newcomers to The Program. How often, in fact, we tend to say them ourselves. "What if I lose my job?" "What if my car breaks down?" "What if I get sick and can't work?" "What if my child gets hooked on drugs?" What if -- anything our desperate imaginings can project. Only two small words, yet how heavy-laden they are with dread, fear and anxiety. The answer to "What if . . ." is, plainly and simply, "Don't project." We can only live with our problems as they arise, living one day at a time.
Am I keeping my thoughts positive?

Today I Pray
May I grow spiritually, without being held back by anxieties. May projected fears not hobble my pursuits or keep me from making the most of today. May I turn out fear by faith. If I will only make a place for God within me, God will remove my fears.

Today I Will Remember
can only borrow trouble at high interest rates.
You are reading from the book:
A Day at a Time © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment