Friday, August 15, 2014

Aug. 15, 2014 - A Day at a Time

The Serenity Prayer
A Day at a Time
Friday, Aug. 15, 2014

Reflection for the Day
It's often said that you can't tell a book by its cover. For many of us, our "covers" or surface records haven't looked all that bad; it seemed at first that making an inventory would be "a breeze." As we proceeded, we were dismayed to discover that our "covers" were relatively blemish-free only because we'd deeply buried our defects beneath layers of self-deception. For that reason, self-searching can be a long-term process; it must go on for as long as we remain blind to the flaws that ambushed us into addiction and misery.
Will I try to face myself as I am, correcting whatever is keeping me from growing into the person I want to be?

Today I Pray
May God aid me in my soul-searching, because I have hidden my faults neatly from friends, family and especially myself. If I feel more "sinned against, than sinning," may I take it as a clue that I need to dig deeper for the real me.

Today I Will Remember
Taking stock of myself is buying stock in my future.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment