Thursday, February 13, 2014

Feb. 13, 2014 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014

 
Reflection for the Day
We sometimes hear someone say, "He is standing in his own light." A mental picture then clearly reveals that many of us tend to shadow our own happiness by mistaken thinking. Let us learn to stand aside so the light can shine on us and all we do. For only then can we see ourselves and our circumstances with true clarity. With The Program and the Twelve Steps, we no longer need to stand in our own light and try alone to solve our problems in darkness.

When I am faced with a seemingly insoluble problem, will I ask myself if I am standing in my own light?

Today I Pray
May I not get in my own way, obscure my own clarity of thought, stumble over my own feet, block my own doorway to recovery. If I find that I am standing in my own light, may I ask my Higher Power and my friends in the group to show me a new vantage point.

Today I Will Remember
If all I can see is my shadow, I'm in my own light.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment