Monday, February 10, 2014

Feb. 10, 2014 - Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Monday, Feb. 10, 2014

AA Thought for the Day
Since I realized that I had become an alcoholic and could never have any more fun with liquor and since I knew that from then on liquor would always get me into trouble, common sense told me that the only thing left for me was a life of sobriety. But I learned another thing in AA, the most important thing anyone can ever learn: that I could call on a Higher Power to help me keep away from liquor; that I could work with that Divine Principle in the universe, and that God would help me to live a sober, useful, happy life. So now I no longer care about the fact that I can never have any more fun with drinking.

Have I learned that I am much happier without it?

Meditation for the Day
Like a tree, I must be pruned of a lot of dead branches before I will be ready to bear good fruit. Think of changed people as trees which have been stripped of their old branches, pruned, cut and bare. But through the dark, seemingly dead branches flows silently, secretly, the new sap, until with the sun of spring, comes new life. There are new leaves, buds, blossoms and fruit, many times better because of the pruning. I am in the hands of a Master Gardener, who makes no mistakes in His pruning.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may cut away the dead branches of my life. I pray that I may not mind the pruning, since it helps me to bear good fruit later.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment