Saturday, October 19, 2013

Oct. 19, 2013 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Saturday, Oct. 19, 2013

Reflection for the Day
There are countless ways by which my progress and growth in The Program can be measured. One of the most important is my awareness that I'm no longer compelled, almost obsessively, to go around judging everything and everybody. My only business today is to work on changing myself, rather than other people, places and things. In its own way, the obsession of being forever judgmental was as burdensome to me as the obsession of my addiction; I'm grateful that both weights have been lifted from my shoulders.

When I become judgmental, will I remind myself that I'm trespassing on God's territory?

Today I Pray
Forgive me my trespasses, when I have become the self-proclaimed judge-and-jury of my peers. By being judgmental, I have trespassed on the rights of others to judge themselves - and on the rights of God in the Highest Court of all. May I throw away all my judgmental tools - my own yardstick and measuring tapes, my own comparisons, my unreachable standards - and accept each person as an individual beyond compare.

Today I Will Remember
Throw away old tapes - especially measuring tapes.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment