Saturday, May 18, 2013

May 18, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Saturday, May 18, 2013

Today, I will not take disproportionate pride in any job or thing well done to the extent that I unconsciously elevate myself above others, nor will I embellish any mistake to the degree that my self-confidence is so devastated that I con myself into believing I can do nothing right. Either way, the source of excessive pride and a shattered self-image is an ego that is not centered but is too far to the left or right. In the end, egoism is the character defect that, had I been thorough and honest in my Fourth, remains with me. And I ask my Higher Power to strike the proper balance. May I understand that a job well done is no license to toot my own horn and that deep disappointment with myself for making a mistake blinds me to a basic edict of the Program - progress over perfection. Today, I will give up perfection as a goal and leave it to the Power that is truly perfect. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment