Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May 14, 2013 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Reflection for the Day
"A very popular error - having the courage of one's convictions; rather it is a matter of having the courage for an attack upon one's convictions," wrote Nietzsche. The Program is helping me to get rid of my old ideas by sharing with others and working the Twelve Steps. Having made a searching and fearless moral inventory of myself; having admitted to God, to myself, and to another human being the exact nature of my wrongs; and having become entirely ready to have God remove all my defects of character - I will humbly ask Him to remove my shortcomings.

Am I trying to follow The Program just as it is?

Today I Pray
I pray that I may continue to practice the Twelve Steps, over and over again, if need be. The Program has worked for hundreds and hundreds of recovering chemically dependent people the world over. It can work for me. May I pause regularly and check to see if I am really practicing The Program, as it is set forth.

Today I Will Remember
Step by Step. Day by Day.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment